Moore Forum
stakes that were made, in ord

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Moore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 17-07-2019 02:15:08    Onderwerp: stakes that were made, in ord Reageren met citaat
In the wake of the news that he will be stepping down as president and CEO of MLSE at or before June 30, 2015, Tim Leiweke said the decision to move on was one that the organizations ownership was well aware of. “For the board, they knew this was coming, this was not new information,” Leiweke said Wednesday on TSN 1050. “They knew and I knew that that kind of style is not the kind of style that lasts for 10 years. My job is to turn a franchise around or in this case, turn an organization around. I knew that was my place here and they knew and I knew that it wouldnt be a long term.” Lewieke admitted he decided to acknowledge the reports of his departure were indeed true after initially denying them in order to eliminate the distractions that they were causing to MLSEs sports teams. “Im glad we got it out there and Im glad its gone so now we can get focused on things were working on and all the things we need to do.” Addressing the rumours that his decision to move on was based on a conflict with ownership, Leiweke said the organizations ownership has been nothing but supportive, but also acknowledged his management style was one that didnt always mesh with his bosses. “We may have had a few moments where there some was tension, but the board appreciates we have been very aggressive at not only identifying our problems, but solving our problems…Theyve given me everything Ive ever asked for.” Leiweke also acknowledged it was never his goal to lead MLSE for the long run, insisting he was looking to create meaningful change within a short period in order to get what were three struggling franchises pointed in the right direction. “My intention was to do the best I could, change the culture, hire a great management teams for all three of these franchises, then I was gonna go and create my own company.” Looking back at his short stay with MLSE which began on April 23, 2013, Leiweke said he is encouraged by what he has accomplished with each of Toronto FC, the Maple Leafs and the Raptors. “We needed to do some soul searching here. We needed to be critical of some decisions we made in the past. We needed to acknowledge where we were and the accomplishments that we had made were not good enough for this marketplace.” In terms of his most recent hire, Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan, Leiweke said hes been very encouraged by the initial moves made by the NHLs former head of discipline, admitting the organization may have gotten complacent after they broke a nearly decade long playoff drought in 2013. “Im very proud of the job Brendan Shanahan has done to date. Hes not afraid about making decisions; that weve made clear now. “Weve made some tough decisions here. Should we have done it a year ago? Coming off that Boston playoff series maybe we were a little more secure than we should have been." Referencing a commitment to bringing in leaders who “think a different way” and establishing an “analytical division that wasnt even here a year ago or for that matter two months ago,” Leiweke said Shanahans changes, which have also included the jettisoning of two assistant GMs and three assistant coaches have set a real tone within the organization. The ongoing transition is only the start of the process, however, as Leiweke says the organization will continue to analyze themselves and the past mistakes that were made, in order to learn from them and move forward. “We arent gonna have long term success here unless we look deep inside ourselves and begin to understand why we havent had it. Theres a reason we havent won here, its not by chance and we know what it is now. “ Leiweke noted that the moves Shanahan has made are similar to what Los Angeles Kings president and general manager Dean Lombardi initiated when he took over Leiwekes former organization, making accountability at all levels a priority. “I promise you one thing as we begin training camps here in two weeks. The Leafs are going to be accountable to each other and to the organization now, thats for sure. “I can tell you flat out that I feel better about the Leafs today than any time Ive been here in the last 16 months.” Leiweke on MLSE ownership, direction of Leafs Kyle Anderson Grizzlies Jersey . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout. Zach Randolph Jersey . And on Sunday against the Houston Astros they were pleased to see his work finally pay off with his first win since May 24. http://www.grizzliesbasketballpro.info/Marc-Gasol-Grizzlies-Jersey/ . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. Jaren Jackson Jr. Grizzlies Jersey .Stanton suffered fractures in his face and other injuries when he was hit by a pitch Sept. 11. The Marlins are confident hell fully recover and be ready for spring training, and they hope to reach a long-term agreement with him. Dillon Brooks Grizzlies Jersey . Re-signed by the club to a one-year, two-way (NHL/AHL) contract on July 5, Bass appeared in three preseason games with Columbus prior to breaking a bone in his hand on Sept.Last year Winnipeg got their new stadium, next year they are getting the Grey Cup. Mark Cohon, Commissioner of the CFL, officially announced today the 103rd Grey Cup will be played at Investors Group Field in 2015. "What better way to showcase our modern league than to bring our biggest game to stunning Investors Group Field, one of the new stadiums that are home to todays CFL?" said Cohon. "And I cant think of a better way to celebrrate Canada than to bring our fans together from across the country, not just to mark one of our grandest traditions, but to celebrate what is a very bright future, in one of Canadian footballs proudest homes.dddddddddddd." The game will be played on November 29, 2015. Manitobas capital last hosted the big game in 2006 when the B.C. Lions defeated the Montreal Alouettes 25-14. This seasons Grey Cup will be held at BC Place. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Moore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: